Greetings and Welcome to 2020!
The Annual General Meeting took place on April 29th under “special” circumstances due to Covid19. Your executive met “virtually” with all in attendance. We are pleased to advise the membership that 2019 was a successful year and we are solvent as a club. Please find below the executive for 2020.
Your 2020 executive:
President – Paul Scissons
Executive Assistant – Barb Fraser
Vice President – Bill Adams
Treasurer – Derek Refuse
Membership Coordinator – Cecilia Kelly
Property Manager – Karl Krech
Program coordinator – Hyacinth Chatterton
Social Coordinator – Terry Dyer-Adams
Other volunteer positions:
Youth: Janet Morrison
Website: Bill Adams
Highlights from 2019:
- Membership 89 adults and 31 youth.
- Introduction of on-line registration and e-transfer of annual fees on website
- Social Events: Open House, Doubles Clinic with Smash Cage and Guest Pro, Mixed Doubles Ladder Wind-up Tournament
- Adult Programs: (members and guests) Inter-club Round Robins, Mixed Doubles Challenge Ladder, Exhibition Tournament
- Youth Activities: Almonte District High School used for practice, Phys. Ed classes and prep for tournaments, Youth Drop-in Sessions, Fall Workshops, Private Lessons (youth and adult), fundraiser – Rally for Lily
- Facilities: New windscreen, updated signage, added squeegee, broom and leaf blower, additional storage, enhanced whipper snipping of the fence line, upgrade/repair to lights including automatic lighting for night play
- New website including on line registration, e-transfer, enhanced membership communication with more to come – graphics, news, photos etc.
- Improved reporting, planning, budget including ongoing review, update, amend or Club Rules and Constitution
- Furthered effort of communication with Mississippi Mills and the community
- Remained solvent
The Almonte Tennis Club operates through volunteers. Thank you for all your time and efforts.
As we are all aware 2020 is going to be a challenge. We are monitoring the situation daily through the news, our local government and Ontario Tennis. We will review our 2020 Membership fee structure based on guidance from OTA and the length of the 2020 season.
Guidelines are under review for how we will play tennis in the new “normal”.
As 2019 Members you will remain “subscribed” to insure you receive information as it becomes available. We will keep you posted and look forward to getting back on the courts! Until then…stay safe!
Please feel free to email email@example.com and you will be contacted accordingly.
Watch the ATC Website for all the details! We hope to see you on the courts!
On behalf of your Executive