Last evening I participated in an OTA on-line meeting. Over 40 persons were connected from Tennis Clubs in Ottawa and surrounding areas. The discussions were quite interesting but the main take-away for us is, we planned well and are in good shape.
Just to emphasize our limitations and playing rules:
1.) NO washrooms are open for the foreseeable future.
2.) Court play is Members Only! NO GUESTS.
3.) NO official organized activities.
4.) SINGLES play is HIGHLY recommended with adherence to Social Distancing measures.
Full Rules and Recommended Behaviour is a menu item in the left column of this website.
Remember please that our courts are open because of relaxed restrictions due to a pandemic.
The use of our courts is subject to by-law surveillance and enforcement.
The use of our courts is also under the watchful eye of our Mississippi Mills community.
Watch for and correct behaviour that could be cause for complaint.
Any complaint could be cause for sanction.
Restrictions can be increased by our club executive, the municipality and the province as required to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
Thanks for your support through these changing and challenging times.
Please check this website for updated information.
Now…. Let’s play tennis
***SUBJECT TO CHANGE***
- Courts will be available for play on Wednesday morning May 20th.
Go to MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION on this website for on-line application and payment options. When you submit your registration, a new lock code will be sent to you by e-mail.
Please read COVID 19 RULES AND RECOMMENDED BEHAVIOURS on the ATC website.
These rules are mandatory and are subject to Municipal By-Law Inspection.
Please play safely.
2. Courts will undergo final preparations for opening on Tuesday May 19th
(NEW LOCK CODE WILL BE SET)
3. President Paul Scissons will be attending a compliance review meeting (virtual) on Tuesday with other presidents under the OTA umbrella.
4. Please make sure that you are registered for website updates.
Welcome to the 2020 season!!
Your ATC Executive is in the process of reviewing Provincial, Local and Ontario Tennis Association guidelines for the safe opening of tennis facilities.
We are in-line and up-to-date with a best case timeline.
Further information will follow as soon as it is available.
In preparation you might want to review the Rules and Recommended Behaviour page from the ATC Website menu. (Subject to Change)
Thanks for your patience…… Paul Scissons
Update: May 8/2020
Greetings Almonte Tennis Club Members!
Your ATC Executive is on it!
As of today, May 8th 2020 there NO CHANGE in the status of our situation. The date of June 30th is still in place. We are in communication with the Town and we are working together to insure a safe and secure opening when we get the official OK.
Please know that we are reviewing recommendations from Tennis Canada and Ontario Tennis to establish “Recommended Behaviours” for a compliant return to Tennis. You will see below the new expectations – please read through and start to prepare for the season ie: tennis balls, water bottles, hand sanitizer, sani-wipes, gloves, masks and select playing partners. You will be responsible for your behaviour as a member of ATC. Fortunately the game of tennis is played by persons who understand proper behaviour, rules and etiquette.
We are also reviewing our facility to develop a list of changes that will need to be made to assist in supporting the “Recommended Behaviours”. The plan is to be “ready to go” when we get the nod.
Please review the following. (Subject to updates)
TIPS AND RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PLAYERS
ATTENTION: It is highly recommended that you play singles matches.
BEFORE YOU PLAY
- Play based on the government authority measures and that of our municipality.
- Play only with family members, persons living in your household or individuals considered to be low risk.
- Wait outside the courts until your turn and wait for players to depart.
PREPARING TO PLAY
- Wash your hands with disinfectant soap and water for 20 seconds before play.
- Bring hand sanitizer.
- Clean your equipment, including your racquets and water bottles.
- Do not share equipment with your playing partner.
- Bring enough water to avoid having to touch a tap or water fountain handle.
- Consider wearing a mask or gloves while playing.
- If you cough or sneeze, do so in a tissue or in your sleeve.
- Avoid touching door handles, gates, benches and other objects. If you touch something, wash your hands and disinfect the surface.
- As much as possible, keep a 2-metre distance with other players. We strongly suggest only playing singles.
- Avoid all physical contact, for example shaking hands.
- Avoid touching your face after manipulating a ball, racquet or hitting the ball.
- Avoid sharing food, drinks and towels.
- Use your racquet and your foot to pick up the balls or to send a ball to another player.
- Stay on your side of the court.
- Use two cans of balls with distinct numbers or identify your balls to differentiate them and only handle the balls that are yours.
- Wash your hands carefully with water and disinfectant soap or with hand sanitizer.
- Do not loiter within the courts.
- Leave the court immediately after you finish playing
Thank you in advance for your willingness to prepare for our 2020 Tennis Season!
Stay tuned for further updates.
President and on behalf of your ATC Executive.
Greetings and Welcome to 2020!
The Annual General Meeting took place on April 29th under “special” circumstances due to Covid19. Your executive met “virtually” with all in attendance. We are pleased to advise the membership that 2019 was a successful year and we are solvent as a club. Please find below the executive for 2020.
Your 2020 executive:
President – Paul Scissons
Executive Assistant – Barb Fraser
Vice President – Bill Adams
Treasurer – Derek Refuse
Membership Coordinator – Cecilia Kelly
Property Manager – Karl Krech
Program coordinator – Hyacinth Chatterton
Social Coordinator – Terry Dyer-Adams
Other volunteer positions:
Youth: Janet Morrison
Website: Bill Adams
Highlights from 2019:
- Membership 89 adults and 31 youth.
- Introduction of on-line registration and e-transfer of annual fees on website
- Social Events: Open House, Doubles Clinic with Smash Cage and Guest Pro, Mixed Doubles Ladder Wind-up Tournament
- Adult Programs: (members and guests) Inter-club Round Robins, Mixed Doubles Challenge Ladder, Exhibition Tournament
- Youth Activities: Almonte District High School used for practice, Phys. Ed classes and prep for tournaments, Youth Drop-in Sessions, Fall Workshops, Private Lessons (youth and adult), fundraiser – Rally for Lily
- Facilities: New windscreen, updated signage, added squeegee, broom and leaf blower, additional storage, enhanced whipper snipping of the fence line, upgrade/repair to lights including automatic lighting for night play
- New website including on line registration, e-transfer, enhanced membership communication with more to come – graphics, news, photos etc.
- Improved reporting, planning, budget including ongoing review, update, amend or Club Rules and Constitution
- Furthered effort of communication with Mississippi Mills and the community
- Remained solvent
The Almonte Tennis Club operates through volunteers. Thank you for all your time and efforts.
As we are all aware 2020 is going to be a challenge. We are monitoring the situation daily through the news, our local government and Ontario Tennis. We will review our 2020 Membership fee structure based on guidance from OTA and the length of the 2020 season.
Guidelines are under review for how we will play tennis in the new “normal”.
As 2019 Members you will remain “subscribed” to insure you receive information as it becomes available. We will keep you posted and look forward to getting back on the courts! Until then…stay safe!
Please feel free to email email@example.com and you will be contacted accordingly.
Watch the ATC Website for all the details! We hope to see you on the courts!
On behalf of your Executive
Dear ATC Membership,
Please find below the latest communication (April 15th) from the Town.
“I wanted to keep you posted on where the Municipality of Mississippi Mills sits right now in regards Recreation Facility closures. As of today all Recreation Facilities (including parks and sports fields, Tennis Courts etc..) will be closed until June 30th 2020. This is also consistent with what the City of Ottawa is doing. It was a very difficult decision to make but given the current circumstances we felt it was the right one to make. I will continue to update you on any further developments as they occur.”
We appreciate the open communication and will continue to support our local government.
We will keep you posted as we learn more…stay tuned and stay safe!
Greetings from your Almonte Tennis Club.
We hope this note finds you safe during this difficult challenge.
Please be advised of the following items:
1.) We have been in touch with the Town in regard to the current situation. The exact statement is:
“All parks and facilities which include Tennis courts are closed until further notice. Just to be clear this could be awhile. ”
We will be monitoring and will keep you advised of any changes.
2.) We are planning our 2020 AGM for later in April. We will not actually meet but facilitate the event electronically.
3.) ATC has a vacancy for the position of Vice-President. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions to make a nomination.
Thank you for your patience and we will do our best to keep you informed.