About the Club
The Almonte Tennis Club is a non-profit, non-incorporated club that runs the auspices of the Town of Mississippi Mills. There are 64 memberships representing 84 registered adults and 29 youths for the 2019 season.
The Club uses three courts owned by the Town. Access to the courts by the public is through membership in the Club, but the courts are also used by local schools and community groups. Guest passes are also available. The Club is responsible for minor maintenance of the courts, scheduling of the court use, tournaments, social events and the tennis programs. The Club is managed by a board of volunteers in accordance with its constitution.
The objective of the club is to encourage and promote the game of tennis.
2019 Board of Directors
President: Paul Scissons
Vice President: Vacant
Treasurer: Derek Refuse
Executive Assistant: Barb Fraser
Membership Coordinator: Cecilia Kelly
Adult Programs: Hyacinth Chatterton (adult) (613-623-0976)
Youth Programs: Janet Morrison
Website: Bill Adams
Social Convener: Terry Dyer-Adams (613) 617-7879
Property Chair: Karl Kretch
Club Pro: Hyacinth Chatterton (613) 623-0976
1. General rules shall be displayed at the club facility.
2. Use of the courts is restricted to members and their guests. Also to groups who have specifically booked the courts.
3. Notice of approved reservations of the courts will be posted one week before the event via the website.
4. Members may bring guests. A guest fee of $10.00 per person per use is to be provided to the membership coordinator. (Form, e-transfer, signature).
5. When all courts are in use, single players may be asked if they would agree to play doubles. However, if they wish to continue they may finish their set or their use of one half hour, whichever is first.
6. Membership fees are due May 1st of each year. Registrations received after August 1st will be discounted 50%.
7. Upon receipt of the membership fee each member shall be provided with a code to the gate lock. Members are to lock and scramble the lock code when they leave the courts.
8. Appropriate clothing and tennis shoes must be worn on the courts.
9. Cell phones must be switched off while play is in progress.
10. Members are expected to display good manners at the courts.
11. Anyone who carelessly or intentionally damages club property will be charged the appropriate costs for replacement or repair of the property.
12. Members of the Executive Committee, Club Pro and Instructor are responsible for the enforcement of these rules.