While each of us has a different perception of risk, your ATC Board has set rules and recommended behaviour focused on the most vulnerable members of our community, on and off the courts. I would like to personally thank you all for adhering to the rules and recommended behaviours and encourage you to stay vigilant as we move forward in the 2020 tennis year.
The Municipality has now moved into Phase 2 of reopening. Washrooms will be open effective June 14th and cleaned every two hours in accordance with Health Unit Guidelines.
While singles play is still recommended, the Maximum players allowed on the court has been increased to 12. If you decide to play doubles, please ensure you follow social distancing and follow the recommended Behaviour Guidelines.
Of note, Adult, Youth, Lessons and Ball Machine use will not commence in this phase.
If you are waiting to play, please remain outside the court until ready to play.
AS A REMINDER
TIPS AND RECOMMENDATIONS – BEHAVIORAL GUIDELINES FOR COVID-19
BEFORE YOU PLAY
* Play based on the government authority measures and that of our municipality.
* Play only with family members, persons living in your household or individuals considered to be low risk.
* Wait outside the courts until your turn while maintaining Social Distancing and wait for players to depart.
PREPARING TO PLAY
* Wash your hands with disinfectant soap and water for 20 seconds before play.
* Bring hand sanitizer.
* Clean your equipment, including your racquets and water bottles.
* Do not share equipment with your playing partner.
* Bring enough water to avoid having to touch a tap or water fountain handle.
* Consider wearing a mask or gloves while playing.
* If you cough or sneeze, do so in a tissue or in your sleeve.
* Avoid touching door handles, gates and other objects.
* PLEASE wash your hands before and after accessing the LOCK and LIGHT button and PLEASE disinfect the surface.
*As much as possible, keep a 2-metre distance with other players. We strongly suggest only playing singles.
* Avoid all physical contact, for example shaking hands.
* Avoid touching your face after manipulating a ball, racquet or hitting the ball.
* Avoid sharing food, drinks and towels.
* Use your racquet and your foot to pick up the balls or to send a ball to another player.
* Stay on your side of the court.
* Use two cans of balls with distinct numbers or identify your balls to differentiate them and only handle the balls that are yours.
* Wash your hands carefully with water and disinfectant soap or with hand sanitizer.
* PLEASE take your garbage, empty water bottles, used balls etc. home to dispose/recycle.
* Do not loiter within the courts.
* Leave the court immediately after you finish playing